Go Green With Sharp
Sharp's Business Products, Copiers and Printers
- Sharp copiers are among the industry’s most energy efficient.
- All Sharp models in the present Document Systems and Multifunction Products line are ENERGY STAR® qualified for energy efficiency.
- The organic photoconductive drum unit has an extended life of up to one million pages.
- Sharp fax products require an extremely low power consumption of less than 1W in standby mode.
- High-speed MFPs deliver energy savings through external heat-fusing technology using an external system to heat thin-walled steel fusing rollers.
- The SharpToner Recycling Program helps customers collect and recycle toner cartridges free of charge for all Sharp copiers, MFPs and printers sold in the U.S. www.sharpusa.com/recycle.
- Other Sharp recycling programs provide for recycling products’ used Nickel-Cadmium and Lithium-Ion batteries.
-Sharp & the Environment
At Sharp, we’re very passionate about environmental conservation. Our environmentally friendly LCD television manufacturing facility in Kameyama, Japan, features one of the world’s largest roof-mounted solar systems. Our appliances and business products are among the industry’s most energy efficient. We’ve long been a world leader in solar cell production. Furthermore, all Sharp factories are working to eliminate waste and greenhouse gases, and achieve other environmental targets in 21 key areas.
Saving Energy. Saving Resources. Maximizing Recycling. Minimizing Hazardous Materials.
That’s the Sharp commitment to the environment.
- Sharp & Environmental Policies
Sharp Environmental and Social Report 2009
Sharp’s dedication to environmental stewardship is not a response to the latest trends; it’s a long standing corporate core value that’s demonstrated in our products and our business activities.
Sharp’s business philosophy revolves around attaining mutual prosperity with stakeholders by contributing to the culture, benefits, and welfare of people throughout the world. To realize the business philosophy, all employees hold to and follow our business creed, which calls for “Sincerity and Creativity”.
We are proud of the many ways that Sharp is following its business philosophy and business creed of “Sincerity and Creativity” by working to fulfill the environmental and societal aspects of its corporate social responsibility.
To learn more about how Sharp is helping the enviroment, visit http://www.sharpusa.com/AboutSharp/SharpAndTheEnvironment.aspx